Monday 15 October 2007

And so we begin...

Starting obviously involves a few crucial decisions.


How much bankroll?


What type of poker to play? Cash, Sit and Gos or Multi-table tourneys.


Should I concentrate on one aspect?


MY BANKROLL: $1000.



  • This is a final figure. It will be all I am spending during the duration of this blog. If i go down to $10, I will be reporting on 50c SNG's, until i build it back up or lose everything.

I am going to vary the type of poker I play. My biggest challenge will be the online cash games. I recently played at $2/4 and $3/6 NL cash tables, making a reasonable amount per session. This was until i managed to blow 70% of my then bankroll in one session ($4,000). It wasn't the first time this had happened, however, it has made me take a long hard look at myself, and I'm determined for it never to happen again. Hence the creation of this blog. It could end up in disaster, but by consistently self-analysing I'm confident I have learnt my lesson.


If it emeges over a period of time that one aspect of poker is more profitable, i will then focus the majority of my time on that, whilst working slowly to build and develop any of my weaknesses. I will review this after 1 month, and every month thereafter.


Wish me luck (or better skills)...


No comments: