Monday 15 October 2007

Weakness.

I have plenty.
  • Bankroll management. (I have had 2 $4000+ wins in the past) This still does not stop me from steaming after a beat and over playing cash or tourneys out of my league.
  • Self-Control. I have frequently played late night poker drunk. Lost or Won a fortune (this is irrelevant) thinking I was Phil Ivey playing like Philly Phish.
  • Self-Control 2. I play consistently when tired.
  • Self-Control 3. I don't keep a detailed track of my results.

You may be looking at this thinking what a loser, I'm thinking the same whilst typing it. You may be looking at this and recognising similar traits and experiences, I hope what follows helps in some small way. Finally if you don't fall into one of the above categories your not being honest with yourself, we all have weaknesses. Recognising them becomes a strength. I only want my complete poker game, and not just the playing of hands, to become stronger.

This is a really good link with fantastic advice. http://colin-theskipper-mctaggart.blogspot.com/

He is always willing to give advice, just make sure you don't sit next to him too often.

No comments: