Thursday 25 October 2007

Stupid Me!

Its been a while. And i have failed before i started. My bankroll management has gone out of the window, i have played in tourney's above my agreed percentage, by quite a margin.

Why?

Well my thoughts at the time revolve around a over-inflated amount of confidence in my multi-table tourney ability. This is secondary to the 1st prize temptation that we all have at some point.

ONE EXAMPLE:

bankroll = $1000

tourney = $109

percentage = 10.9% that is 8.9% over the RRP of Chris 'jesus' Ferguson.

I Lost.

My results of this 'gambling' have not been as bad or over-priced all the time. I will post them in full at some point or check on 'official poker rankings'. My username on Party Poker is uloseAA111.

I have managed 2 final tables recently. One 4th pos and 6th. $2300 prizes in total. There have also been 2 cashes for $400 more. On the down side has been $400 blown on cash game bluffs. Probably a reaction to a beat or missed draw.

I will post a more comprehensive review later, but i did say that this would be an up and down journey.

Wish me luck.

2 comments:

skipper said...

Dan you need to decide whether or not your playing the game for profit or for pleasure.
I think by reading your blog it seems that your playing for a little bit of both. Until you decide to change your direction you shouldnt get caught up in being negative about your stacks.You have decided an the limits you want to play even though its no reccomended I would stay away from the cash games if thats the leak in your game.
Not all the pro's stick to the rules.. ceck out this link http://www.josharieh.com/poker-articles.php?subaction=showfull&id=1113305733&archive=&start_from=&ucat=4&

skipper said...

Not seein any updates dan how are thins going have you finished your challenge.
so whats happening, failed, no disapline, dont think your good enough, decided there is no money to be made at the game, what ?
You may have guessed I'm challeging u here and yes your right need a chat call me ........
Happy birthday Jacob